Saturday, March 25, 2017

Utah, I'm in Love!

I got some great footage today while skiing, which I'm really excited about! The conditions throughout most of the mountain was pretty terrible, the visibility was pretty bad, the rain (and eventual snow) was coming down sideways and it was freezing. But there were some sweet spots where the shots I envisioned were perfect. Taking my phone out and risking its death by height or water was so worth it. 

I plan on using this shot in the montage over S' monologue, in which she is discussing how alone she is. The cold atmosphere of the barren trees with the snow falling will be the perfect allusion to isolation, the coldness Solara feels to the actual frigidness of the environment I was in. Within the remainder of my trip I hope to get more footage in the snow with Solara included (who by now I am just going to assume will be played by myself) wearing blue in order to portray the color psychology I wish to be present. I want the snowy climate to institute her unavoidable sadness, as mentioned before, and blue will reiterate the isolation and remoteness, but also the serenity, calm and content of this part of her life. 
In other shots I will acquire in the forests on days it won't be too cold and snowing (like tomorrow!!!) The green of the pine and aspen trees will convey the natural prevalence in her life along with the immature underlying hints she can't escape, since she is barely 18 and has been alone her whole life. forced to grow up early but never truly experiencing all a child does. I also hope this portrays the healing and soothing element that nature provides her with.

No comments:

Post a Comment