Thursday, March 9, 2017

The Beginnings of Nameless

I thought I would write down my mess of a mind at this point (my ideal image, my inspo, my ideas for costume, set, etc.) so here goes nothing.
Character-wise, I want my main character to be a female, living on her own (cuz ya know... end of the world), crushing the whole survival thing, like I mentioned in my last post, and again, completely badass. I also want her to be fairly quirky and an entertaining persona along with the serious tone of the story line. When I first thought up this character, the closest I could relate her to was Milla Jovovich's character in the Fifth Element, Leeloo, "the perfect being", with bright orange hair and a lovable personality, but still a lady that knows exactly how to use a gun.
I am infatuated with strong women in media -movies, tv shows, comics, all alike- as I feel now more than every this positive representation is not only so extremely important, but actually necessary to remind the current sphere that women rock, have rocked and will continue to rock, despite the disrespect, inequality, abuse and mistreatment we women experience; a very vital component of my story will be the presence of a badass female.
I want my character, Nameless as of now, to be equally expressive as Leeloo in her dress, jewelry, makeup and hair. Mise-en-scene will be a huge component of my movie, mainly due to the aesthetically pleasing image I am trying to capture.

No comments:

Post a Comment