Sunday, March 19, 2017

Living Dead


Laying here in bed, close to death due to whatever mystery illness I have contracted during Thespian's Competition, I can confidently say I have more of an idea for my film opening than ever. Since it only has to be two minutes, I have decided to focus mainly on my character's motivation, to get to this special place she has dreamt about, but never dared to find. To incorporate my character's desires into my story line, I will do so through her dreams, along with
 shots of human interaction, which although she confidently conveys she doesn't miss, subconsciously she longs for, thus exhibited through dreams. My film will open with her finding the laptop and opening up photobooth to record with a sort of "oh my god it really works!" astonishment, then to explain herself, her surroundings and use the videos as a physical diary. After these recordings we will see her 
putting the laptop down, doing what she must and then going to bed, then we will be able to see what she dreams about, like in 
movies such as 
A Christmas Story, 
American Beauty and 
Fast Times at Ridgemont High, 
all in which showcase the character's underlying wishes. Our character will wake up frazzled, and suddenly realize she needs to go to this place depicted in her dream, for there she will find whatever she has been longing for. In each example, the dream sequences are fanciful and unusually perfect situations, all with more heaven-like visuals. My character's dreams will be more realistic and quick in order to portray that they are real and not just figments of her imagination. I will work on figuring out which shots to use for these and what colors to use to construct meaning through the short and seemingly insignificant shots.

until next post....
xoxo Living Dead

No comments:

Post a Comment