Thursday, March 9, 2017

And here we are. First blog post. Sitting in class, practically no idea of what my film opening is going to be, I am thrilled to begin this project and create something completely original and unique from scratch. With this blog and posts like these, I hope to document my entire journey, from beginning to end, and truly voice my internalized thoughts of brainstorming, thought process, reasoning and underlying meaning. I am quite excited to use all I have learned this year in AICE Media and create not only an incredible, compelling piece of work, but one in which each shot, angle and even color presented, has significant and vital meaning to the story's development. I think that creating a fictional world, along with complex characters and their in-depth relationships immersed in an intricate but equally entertaining plot and setting, is one of the most difficult things I have yet to conquer; despite this, I am completely ecstatic to begin.  From before I had even started school this year, I have had a fixation on an idea for this project; a post-apocalyptic world in which two girls- most likely the last on the planet- have to survive and keep themselves entertained. In my mind these two girls were extremely fashionable, despite the complete halt of production on any kind (clothing included), witty, completely equipped to, and crushing, surviving amongst the elements, and ultimately, total badasses. During the summer I had gotten my first car, opening my world of independence and allowing me to stumble upon the coolest place to just get lost in. Each time I found myself in these abandoned, entirely quiet, lonely establishments, it was hard to feel as though I wasn't the last person alive. Being on my own (something I enjoy more than the next person) in these places only a few people, I imagined, have seen, scaling forgotten about nature settings with precision and knowledge, exploring deserted shopping malls, discovering as much as I could, I felt empowered and, for lack of a better word, badass. However, with this project's imminence, I deemed this project wildly difficult, as I had no one to film with as my second character that isn't already tackling a film opening of their own. Idea #2 will most definitely be sci-fi (post Apocalyptic, still eligible), but for simplicity, single-person casted. My main fear for this project is the little time I have to film- my musical starts tonight (woo hoo!) and runs through the weekend, next weekend I will be in Tampa for thespian's competition and the weekend after that I will be in Utah. Considering this project is due April 9th, this is absolutely terrifying, but like I have been for most of the year, I will find the time amongst my tightly crammed schedule. Now, for conjuring concrete ideas for this fictional world of mine.

Talk to ya soon!

Annie Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment