Sunday, March 19, 2017

Eat ya Greens (and ya reds and oranges and yellows and blues)

I want my film to have a stunning color scheme, full of natural colors, mainly green, my favorite color, due to the significant natural focus. One of my inspirations for my color palette's coherency will be (of course) Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom (2012), since he tops any other aesthetic in film, and because of the movie's outdoorsy revolution.
                                  

I've discovered the article "How to Use Color in Film: 50+ Examples of Movie Color Palettes" which includes a video called "Colour in Storytelling" to help me get off the ground with which colors I will use in Solara's costumes and surroundings based on her personality, mood of the day, desires, motivations, etc. Since her name is Solara, meaning "the sun" in Latin, I want my character to wear alot of yellow and orange and little hints of red, resembling the sun, but also because of the meanings behind each color, explained below:
   
Solara is an extremely content character, despite her experience of social isolation throughout her whole life, and loves nothing more than being outside amongst the elements and all it includes, which is why yellow, signifying idyllic environments, is going to be her color. She is also a very nurturing individual to animals, her only friends, she encounters and seems to have an unmatchable bond with them, which is why orange, constructing friendliness, warmth, happiness and sociability will be the next prevalent color with Solara. Unavoidably, our character has bad days in which she is angry at the world for leaving her alone or she feels threatened by some unannounced danger; red will be the next color used, displaying her anger and the danger she feels she is in. Of course blue will be extremely relevant, the color of sadness, isolation, reflection, because of her lifelong isolation from human interaction and her sadness, an unavoidably human emotion, no matter how strong one may appear or believe themselves to be. I am excited to construct the meaning I wish to convey through clothing and setting as I feel that is something not many people thing about while making everyone feel the same things.

No comments:

Post a Comment