Thursday, April 6, 2017

Ahhh the limitless capacity of the mind

Except for that part when you're suppose to remember to post your last two blog posts after a whole day of filming.... grrrr.
Well, my grade will suffer (I just checked, and it has ever so slightly) and life will go on..... the life of my film that is.

For a brief update, my sunday was spent not celebrating my newly-12 year old sister's birthday but instead, in Miami filming at the sweetest (disclosed) location ever! With the assistance of the beautiful Isabelle Miller, I found the coolest run down shelter (I honestly don't know what it could have been) sunk into the ground, barren and filled with the most beautiful assortment of colorful graffiti. Here's a look.

The accidental correspondence of my outfit and the bright yellows present made me realize a new factor I wanted to provide for my character; since I can't alter my appearance too greatly like I previously stated in one of my first blog posts (Leeloo inspired), I can do as much as I can with makeup. I love makeup and I think it's one of the greatest tools to achieving looking like a completely different person.

Like in those video diary scenes, that person isn't even me.
That's Solara. 

I've decided that since our poor tortured character has so much free time on her hands, (and think of all the abandoned Sephora's) instead of painting or sketching like every other creative character in the world, she show cases her artistic capability through makeup, matching her looks with her surroundings. Originally I had recorded the video diary scenes behind some lit candles, to demonstrate the absence of electricity in this world, matching S' makeup with black and red; I ultimately scratched that and recorded it in front of a plain grey wall instead. When I went to film at the graffitied building, I kept my eye look minimal, blending orange and yellow with a subtle red liner on my bottom lash line (which you totally cannot pick up from the videos) and no winged liner (*tear*) to show that on a hot day such as this, our character is able to skip the heavy makeup due to her activities. To show just how I use this color psychology, once I get around to filming my green scenes, I will match my eye makeup with the deep greens and browns and slight bright greens to imitate the feeling of the natural world and serenity.

Until then, my imaginary followers,
             Annie x

No comments:

Post a Comment